Restaurant Operations Support System
BRIGHTENS THE FUTURE OF RESTAURANTS
WHY BayPOS ?
- Easy to search menu items
- Orders are sent to kitchen without any mistakes
- Shows each order preparation status
- Selectable Menu languages
- Ability to send frequently used pre-set requests (customizable) to restaurant staff.
- Take-out option is available
- Reduced round trips to tables
- Ability to view order prep status, resulting in efficient table service
- Bills are printed when requested, so they are never lost
- System allows simple steps for guests change table if desired
- Easy to learn; takes only 5 minutes
- Helps kitchen staff to work as a team
- Order changes, deletions and updates are reflected immediately
- Facilitates simultaneous preparation of orders for each table
- Sales data can be seen in real time
- Each table status can be viewed instantly, making it easy to instruct waiting staff
- Timely and proper instructions can be given to kitchen staff as all order details are easily seen on a display
Customer service and kitchen functions can be learned in 5 minutes, so new staff can get up to speed quickly.
The control unit that communicates with tablets is located in the restaurant, so operations are not affected by slow Internet connections.
Paper usage is kept to a minimum to be more environmentally friendly and the workspace is kept clean.
Customers can place orders anytime they wish.
- Easy-to-understand menu structure
- Menu items are separated by category, promotions, etc., making it easy to find the desired items.
- Faster service and elimination of extra work and food loss due to mistaken orders.
- Large menu photos and explanations
- Large menu photos help customers place orders easily.
- Troubles such as “That’s not what I ordered” are prevented.
- Menu optional settings
- Options can be set up which helps to increase customer spendings, such as side dish upgrades and additions.
- Making selections using menu numbers
- Regular customers can quickly order their favorite menu items using a number assigned to each menu item.
- Customers can order menu items quickly if printed menu shows the same number.
- Language selection
- Customers are able to place orders with confidence when looking at the menu photos and reading descriptions in their preferred language.
- Unnecessary for waiting staff to speak multiple languages.
- Sold out notices
- Sold out notices can be set up by category or by product (and options).
- Showing what menu items are sold out eliminates questions from customers.
- Staff request calls
- Customers can request staff help by using customizable requests listed on tablets.
- Food preparation status display
- Customers can see preparation status of their orders on tablets. (placed, being prepared, almost ready, etc.)
- Waiting staff don’t need to respond to customers asking about their order status.
- Ensures alcoholic beverage sales restrictions (if required)
- Access to alcoholic menu can be blocked until customer age verification has been completed.
- Possible to implement strict age verification without having to rely on waiting staff discretion and ensures proper compliance.
- Table data can be easily transferred
- If a table tablet battery dies or becomes defective during a meal, all data is transferred easily to a new tablet using the same table number.
Customer Service Control
All table status can be seen at a glance as well as server call requests.
- Grasping the overall state of the dining area
- Color coding is used to show various table usage status so that it can be grasped at a glance.
- Facilitates timing to ask if customers would like dessert or to order something additional or to bring them a bill, etc.
- It helps to estimate how long the wait time will be when asked by newly arriving customers.
- Total order number display
- Status of kitchen activity can be easily seen from the total number of orders.
- The restaurant host can easily check how busy the kitchen is in order to manage the flow of arriving customers and thus ensure good quality of service.
- Server call requests from customers
- Call requests from customers are displayed with pre-set messages (customizable) to reduce the number of waiting staff round trips to tables.
- Transferring menu items to another table and changing tables
- When customers are drinking at a bar while waiting for a table and ready to move to a table, it’s easy to transfer items from bar tablet to table tablet.
- Order list printing
- Itemized order list is automatically printed after all orders for a table have been prepared.
Food Preparation Control
Orders are sent to designated tablet station(s) assisting each kitchen staff to work in harmony.
- Order queue
- Orders are displayed on tablets at designated cooking stations enabling kitchen staff to concentrate on orders assigned specifically to their own stations.
- All kitchen staff sharing the same order information makes it easier to prepare dishes simultaneously.
- Having the complete order information for each table, kitchen staff can determine the preparation order for a table such as prepping appetizers before main dishes.
- Food preparation status is being shared
- Menu items are color coded based on each status making it easy to quickly see all of the pending orders.
- All order preparation status is shared among kitchen staff; everyone knows what others are doing, preventing potential mistakes.
- Waiting staff are able to anticipate what dish is about to be finished and able to stand-by before the dish is done.
- Food preparation status is simultaneously shared with the dining area staff and customers as well as the kitchen staff; there is no need to inquire.
- Narrow down order display (selectable screen types)
- Being able to change display queue style for "food preparation status", "cooking station" or "table number" it is easy to find order status of what you are looking for.
- Order changes
- Table number changes, order option changes, order cancellations, etc., can be made from any management tablet.
- There is no need to speak loud in the kitchen for these changes.
- Each dish print out (small ticket)
- When each dish is completed, a small ticket prints out automatically with name of dish and table number to enable waiting staff to serve the correct table.
- Order preparation holds
- Items such as coffee or desserts can be flagged as "serve later" and kept on hold, served when customers request.
A variety of splitting and payment options are supported.
- Bill splitting and payment methods
- Bills can be split in a variety of ways, such as paying for selected items, splitting among several people, or specifying the amount.
- Payment can be made by combining cash, credit cards, and coupons.
- Square™️ integration allows smooth credit card payment process.
- Manager approval function settings
- Optionally Manager approval can be turned on for order cancels, refunds, cash settlements, daily register closing, etc.
- Up to the minute sales, number of customers, and spending per customer can be referenced at any time.
- Not only daily business report (journal) but also individual transactions, operational history, etc., are automatically submitted to the restaurant's head office system.
- Various forms can be output, such as sales daily reports, customer bills, prepared items lists, receipts, refund slips, cancellation slips, reprinted forms, etc.
- Menus can be centrally managed and edited by the restaurant's head office and distributed electronically to restaurants on a preset date & time.
- Tablets at each restaurant can be monitored and managed by the restaurant's head office and software can be updated remotely.
Over 60 restaurants from around the world are enthusiastic BayPOS customers. Our system is being used in the U.S., Japan, Australia, Singapore, Taiwan, and Malaysia.
One of largest chain restaurants in Japan famous for “Set meal” style service.
BayPOS was chosen to assist their overseas expansion.
34+ in 5 countries
Hot Pot style chain restaurant in Japan offering “All you can eat” menu.
BayPOS usage is ideal with "All you can eat" style where minimum number of staff is required.
24+ in Japan
“Ramen” chain in the U.S. specializes in serving authentic Japanese ramen.
BayPOS assists kitchen staff during food preparation steps allowing them to “Visualize” cooking process.
2+ in the U.S.